Curious to know what it's like on Lake Norman? Come along with us on a boat ride to check out just some of what the lake has to offer.
We'll cruise to:
- Lake Norman Waterfront Restaurants
- The Peninsula Yacht Club
- The Trump National Golf Course
- Cocktail Cove and More!
Buying a Lake Norman Home? Search all Homes for Sale
Selling a Lake Norman Home? Check out our FREE Home Value Report
What’s it like to be on Lake Norman?
I could tell you some useful facts, such as:
• It was built in 1963.
• It’s 33.6 miles long, nine miles wide, and features 520 miles of shoreline.
• Its deepest point is 110 feet.
But how about I show you instead? Follow along with me in the video above as I take you on a full lake tour and check out some of the notable harbors, coves, and restaurants.
Living on Lake Norman is a lifestyle.
Highlights of this tour include stops at:
• Hello, Sailor. This is a new waterfront restaurant in Cornelius that’s currently under construction. The concept is a modern, upscale fish camp with a chef-driven menu and a Palm Springs feel.
• The North Harbor Club. This is another waterfront restaurant that’s boat accessible. It has both a patio and an inside eatery.
• The Lake Norman Cottage. Located right next door to the North Harbor Club, this is a wine shop that also features a retail shop.
• The Davidson Landing. This area features many of the lake’s condominiums, and each complex has its own name.
• The Trump National Golf Course and Clubhouse. This 18-hole golf course was designed by Greg Norman. You can join via a golf membership, social membership, or sports membership.
• Cocktail Cove. This cove is a place where boats like to anchor up so their passengers can enjoy a beverage or two.
• The Peninsula Yacht Club. Located inside the peninsula, which is a waterfront golf course community in Cornelius, you can join this club as a social member or a yacht member. Both memberships provide access to the dining rooms and the pool. The yacht club membership allows you to rent a boat slip.
• The home of Nascar’s Denny Hamlin. This home is 30,000 square feet and features a full-size indoor basketball court, a two-lane bowling alley, an Imax movie theater, a helicopter pad, two piers, and a swimming pool.
If you have any more questions or need any more information about any of these places or the geography of Lake Norman, just give me a call.
If you’re thinking about buying a place on Lake Norman, we’d love to take you out on the water and show you around. Living on Lake Norman is a lifestyle, and there are plenty of ways to access the lake without being waterfront. There are condos and homes that have deeded boat slips, and if you have your own boat, many neighborhoods offer boat storage, and there are plenty of marinas that offer both dry storage and wet storage.
If you’re not ready to buy a boat or you’re not sure which boat you should buy, you can always get started with a boat club membership.
If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.